Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Responding to RSC

Working on the ISUP state machine suite called ss7boost. Program a monolithic source code file (with exception of MSU decoders and encoders). Split source file apart along functional lines. Created the SPRC, CPC, and MPC functional entitities to follow the ISUP SDL specs because it's easier to develop with naming similarities.

Calls work in the lab but now were in the field in Michigan, Pakistan, Paraguay, and India. New installations coming soon in Bulgaria and Phillipines.

First thing we encountered in .mi was the RSC message. We didn't bother with the maintenance ISUP messages in the lab so we expected to be greeted with this type of message.

We also found out very quickly that the system for mapping trunk group and CIC to span and channel was too simple and inflexible. That is now changed but not thoroughly tested.

This is where the author leaves off tonight:

I:../common/udp_sockets.c:check_udp_socket:received a msg:length/function follow:27:1
I:sb_sgw_sm.c:discrim_sgw_msg:MARK:0
I:sb_sgw_sm.c:handle_m3ua_x4_msg:MARK:0
I:sb_sprc.c:isup_sprc_inbound:MARK:0
I:../libmsu/msu_decode.c:msu_decode:MARK:0
I:../libmsu/msu_decode.c:handle_m3ua_isup_transfer_msg:MARK:0
CIC: 8
MSG TYPE: RSC
I:../libmsu/msu_decode.c:rsc_decode:MARK:0
I:sb_toolbox.c:find_trunk_group:MARK:0
tg 0
I:sb_toolbox.c:convert_cic_to_span_chan:MARK:0
cic 8 cic_base 1 ncic 7 span 0 chan 8
I:sb_mpc.c:ckt_reset_reception:MARK:0
I:sb_sgw_tx.c:send_rlc_to_ss7box:MARK:0
I:span 0 chan 8 tg 0 cic 0 sls 0 nd 0 cld ng 0 clg spc 0-0-0 imt_pc 0-0-0
I:isup_event.c:send_canned_rlc:MARK:0

An RLC is being sent in response to an RSC but the RLC is improperly filled out because the CDR for span 0 chan 8 is empty. Will fix by loading CDR with info from RSC.

No comments: